Temporary Residents

  • If you are a visitor to the area and take unwell, we can arrange to see you and provide immediately necessary treatment. There is no charge for this but we will expect details of your registered GP and home address.
  • You do not necessarily need to see a doctor if you have forgotten your medication. In this case, you should contact your own GP and ask them to fax the prescription to one of the local chemists. This ensures that your medical record at your registered GP is kept up to date with medication issues.
  • If you are a visitor to the area for up to 3 months, you can register with the practice as a temporary resident. You will then be able to access all the services that we provide to our regular patients. If you are still in the area after three months, you will have to register as a 'regular' patient which means that you will be removed from your own doctor's list of patients.

For visitors from overseas - please see the Overseas Visitors section.